We have successfully provided anti-icing solutions within the aerospace sector, including applications on F-35 fighter jets, B-52 bombers, rotorcraft, and fixed wing aircraft. Check out our formula in action during a third-party Ice Wind Tunnel Test where we reduced ice accumulation by a factor of FOUR, greatly improving the aerodynamics of the blade in icing conditions. Additionally, a study with our coating was published in SAE International by a research group out of Iowa State University studying the ice mitigation effects of our coatings on rotating aero-engine fan blades.
Our 2K coating systems are specially formulated for each unique application. Contact us to find out how our 2K coating system can help you prevent ice accumulation, reduce downtime, decrease safety related accidents, and cut maintenance costs.
For aerospace applications that may not be exposed to extreme harsh environments (e.g. on the tarmac), consider our 1K coating solutions which have successfully passed a number of ASTM specifications, including the following:
- ASTM D522: Mandrel Bend Test of Attached Organic Coatings
- ASTM D2247: Water Resistance of Coatings 100% Relative Humidity
- ASTM D3359: Rating Adhesion by Tape Test
- ASTM D4060: Abrasion Resistance of Organic Coatings by the Taber Abraser
- ASTM D5402: Solvent Resistance of Organic Coatings Using Solvent Rubs
- ASTM D6905: Impact Flexibility of Organic Coatings